Testing Your Tracking Setup
We will provide you with URLs so that you can test your tracking setup.
Completing a Test
Important! If you are using a third-party tracking provider (e.g. DoubleClick) you will need to provide OMG with a redirect url to add to our systems before completing a test.
- Click on the Test URL provided – this should redirect to your website. Ensure that the URL redirects to the correct landing page and that the correct values (QueryString Parameters) are being passed to your landing page.
- On any pages where you have implemented an Event Tag you should check the presence of the Event Tag using the Optimise Tag Inspector.
- From your landing page either place an item in your basket or fill out the form to obtain a quote or generate a lead.
- Complete the full sale or lead process. On your post-sale confirmation page where you have placed your Transaction Tag you should check the Tag configuration using the Optimise Tag Inspector.
- Refresh the post-sale confirmation page several times.
- Check the Transaction Summary Report in your account and you should see one Transaction recorded. If you do not see this Transaction (or you see duplicate transactions) double-check your Sale/Conversion Tag is configured correctly.
- Verify that the unique sale reference (Merchant APPID) is displayed (unless alternative arrangements are agreed this will be needed for validating tracked activity).
- Repeat the above for each product.
You may find it helpful to use a tool that can monitor the HTTP traffic that your browser generates. This will let you see all the events that take place when a webpage is loaded and help you identify whether the Optimise Sale/Conversion Tag is fired – or if it is unsuccessful it should help you to identify why.